Looking for a full-time or part-time Accounting Assistant
We are looking for someone who is excited to work for a small and growing business, and who is willing and able to help serve our team, and clients by jumping in with a go-getter attitude to do whatever is needed.
We need a problem solver. Someone who is willing to go the extra mile to figure out what is happening and why. Someone who enjoys digging into a problem.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Assistant will provide administrative and financial support services. The position works closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties.
Holly Hill Construction & Real Estate has several divisions under one roof and under the same ownership, primarily organized under Chattanooga Dock Builders and H&H Property Management and Investment
Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and ResMan Property Management software is a plus, but not required. Being able to multitask between different software and strong Excel skills are a must!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insurance entries, calculations, and recording entries and payments across multiple companies
- Workers’ Compensation calculations, monthly reporting to workers’ compensation company and payment, recording on multiple company books
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliations
- Posting Journal entries and reconciling accounts monthly
- Become well-versed in month-end balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple companies
- Assist Controller with month-end process
- Assist Controller with financial statement review and preparation
- Assist Controller with projection analysis and presentation, work closing with the Regional Manager to create projected financial documents
- Escrow transfers from multiple companies to the management company
- Escrow analysis of all escrow accounts
- Record and make mortgage payments for multiple companies
- Enter Payroll Journal entries into multiple companies
- Other tasks involving receivables and other Financial Analyses as needed
- Act as backup to the Bookkeeper, to keep the department running smoothly.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – knowledge of sorting, formatting, and analyzing data
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions
- Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Able to work as a team player
- Open to development of skills and knowledge
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent customer service
Salary: $18-$20 an hour depending upon experience
Hours Monday – Friday 8:00am 5:00pm